What are the forging methods of titanium forgings? What are the characteristics of each?For example:forge titanium ring,titanium forged block,forged titanium wheels,how to make a titanium forge.
Picture is 450kj large-scale die forging equipment,full hydraulic die forging, electro-hydraulic hammer die forging, precision forging production equipment.
(1) Free forging. Free forging is generally carried out between two flat dies or molds without a cavity. The tools used in free forging are simple in shape, flexible, short in manufacturing cycle and low in cost. However, the labor intensity is high, the operation is difficult, the productivity is low, the quality of the forgings is not high, and the machining allowance is large. Therefore, it is only suitable for use when there are no special requirements on the performance of the parts and the number of pieces is small. For large forgings, free forging is mainly used as a blank making process. The free forging billet process can forge the billet into a stepped bar, or use an upsetting or flattening method.
First, the blank is made into simple shapes such as round pie or rectangle.
(2) Open die forging (die forging with burrs). The blank is deformed between two modules engraved with a mold cavity, and the general part is confined inside the mold cavity, and the excess metal flows out of the narrow middle between the two molds, forming burrs around the forging. Under the resistance of the mold and surrounding burrs, the metal is forced to be pressed into the shape of the mold cavity
(3) Closed die forging (no burr die forging). During the closed die forging process, no transverse burrs perpendicular to the direction of die movement are formed. The cavity of the closed forging die has two functions; one part is used for forming the blank, and the other part is used for guiding.
(4) Extrusion die forging. Using extrusion method for die forging, there are two types of forging, forward die forging and reverse die forging. Extrusion die forging can produce various titanium rings. Forgings with high geometric accuracy and denser internal structure can be obtained.
(5) perforation punches make the metal flow outward from the center of the cavity to achieve the purpose of filling the cavity. There is no burr of ordinary forgings on the parting line of cylindrical parts.
(6) Divided forging. In order to forge large-scale integral die forgings on the existing hydraulic press, segmental die forging methods such as segment die forging and shim plate die forging can be used. The feature of the partial die forging method is to process the titanium cake section by section, processing one part at a time, so the required equipment tonnage can be very small. Generally speaking, this method can be used to process extra-large forgings on medium-sized hydraulic presses.
(7) Isothermal die forging. Before forging, the mold is heated to the forging temperature of the blank, and the temperature of the mold and the blank remains the same throughout the forging process, so that a large amount of deformation can be obtained under the action of a small deformation force. Isothermal die forging and isothermal superplastic die forging are very similar, the difference is that before die forging, the blank must be superplasticized to make it have fine equiaxed grains.