Titanium anode(anodized titanium sheet and anodized titanium ring).Titanium anode introduction,advantages and classification.platinised titanium anodes,platinized titanium anode supplier,black anodized titanium,anodized titanium wire
The titanium anode is the anode in the titanium-based metal oxide coating.According to the different catalytic coatings on the surface,it has the function of oxygen evolution and chlorine evolution. Generally,electrode materials should have good electrical conductivity,small change in pole pitch, strong corrosion resistance,good mechanical strength and processing performance,long life,low cost,and good electrocatalytic performance for electrode reactions.Titanium is the most suitable for the above comprehensive The required metal is generally industrial pure titanium GR1\GR2.
The role of the metal oxide coating on the titanium anode is: low resistivity, good conductivity (the conductivity of titanium itself is not good), the chemical composition of the precious metal coating is stable, the crystal structure is stable, the electrode size is stable, and the corrosion resistance Good,long life, with good electrocatalytic performance, which is beneficial to reduce the overpotential of oxygen evolution and chlorine evolution reactions and save electric energy.
1. Titanium anode has a long working life.In the chlor-alkali industry produced by the diaphragm method, the metal anode is resistant to corrosion by chlorine and alkali. The anode life has reached more than 6 years,while the graphite anode is only 8 months.
2. It can overcome the dissolution problem of graphite anode and lead anode,avoid contamination of electrolyte and cathode products, and thus can improve the purity of metal products.
3. It can increase the current density.In the production of chlor-alkali by the diaphragm method,the working current density of the graphite anode is 8A/dm2,and the titanium anode can be doubled to 17A/dm2. In this way, the output can be doubled under the same conditions of the electrolysis plant and the electrolysis cell.The single tank production capacity effectively improves the labor production efficiency. When electrolysis is carried out at a high working current density, it is more appropriate to use a titanium anode.
4. Due to the metal anode, the high temperature and high current density operation of the chlorate electrolyzer becomes possible.The use of metal anodes improves the structure of the electrolytic cell, reduces power consumption, and accelerates the chemical reaction of hypochlorite to chlorate, thereby improving production performance.
5. With DSA, the design concept and operating conditions of mercury method and diaphragm method salt electrolyzers are improved, and energy consumption is reduced.The low overpotential characteristics of DSA,and the bubbles on the surface between the electrodes and the electrodes are easily eliminated,which are important reasons for the reduction of the voltage of the metal anode electrolyzer.
Because titanium anode has many advantages,its development has enabled the chlor-alkali industry to achieve great economic benefits,so it will soon be popularized and used all over the world.The production capacity of chlor-alkali is about 41 million tons per year in the world, and the use of titanium anodes is not less than 70%.Titanium anodes are hailed as a major technological revolution in the chlor-alkali industry.Subsequently,titanium anodes have also been widely used in many electrolysis industries.
6. The anode size is stable, and the distance between the electrodes does not change during the electrolysis process,which can ensure that the electrolysis operation is carried out under the condition of stable cell voltage.
7. It can avoid the short-circuit problem after the lead anode is deformed,so the current efficiency can be improved.
8. Titanium anode is light in weight,which can reduce labor intensity.
9. The switch is easy to make and can be made with high precision.
10. The working voltage is low, so the power consumption is small, which can save the power consumption, and the DC power consumption can be reduced by 10% to 20%. The main reasons for the low working voltage of the titanium anode are: 1) The overpotential of the active coating titanium anode to chlorine and oxygen is relatively low. When salt water electrolysis produces chlor-alkali, the overpotential of titanium anode to chlorine is low, 140mV lower than graphite anode at 1A/cm2; 2) the "bubble shielding effect" can be reduced, and the bubbles generated on the surface of the metal anode are relatively small and detach quickly.The air-filling degree between the two electrodes is greatly reduced, the ohmic drop between the two electrodes is about 700mV, and the bubble diameter is about 3mm; 3) the resistance of the anode structure is reduced; 4) the distance between the electrodes is shortened.
In the 1960s, the world's salt electrolysis industry consumed about 150 billion kWh of electricity annually. After using metal anodes, it can save about 300 million kWh of electricity each year.
11. In the production of chlor-alkali, after using titanium anode, the product quality is high, the purity of chlorine gas is high, no CO2,and the alkali concentration is high,which can save heating steam and energy consumption.
12. Strong corrosion resistance,can work in many corrosive electrolytic media with special requirements.
13. The base metal titanium can be used repeatedly.
14. The emergence of metal anodes has been designed and industrialized using the latest ion-exchange membrane electrolysis technology that has recently emerged in the chlor-alkali industry.
Soluble anode and insoluble anode
Titanium anode for chlor-alkali industry
Titanium anode for electroplating
Lead and lead alloy anode
Coated titanium anode